Hostel Nereus is a new modern hostel in the center of Moscow.
The hostel is located in a 4-storey building, equipped with all the rules and regulations.
For guests to use for free, the residence offers a spacious living room with a library, equipped kitchen and a luggage compartment.
On each floor of the hostel there are two san.uzla that are divided into male and female.
Street Volkhonka – one of the oldest streets in Moscow, formed in the XIV century along the road connecting the Kremlin with the Grand Duke Semchinsky. Reporting on the great fire of 1365, the Chronicler wrote:
“Illuminated the city of Moscow from All Saints on top of Chertoli and posem all posad …”
The indigenous population of the neighborhoods of the street was the merchants and handicraftsmen of the Chertol Black hundred who made up the parishes of the most ancient city churches in Moscow – the Church of All Saints (known from 1365) and the Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker Janven (known since 1475).
In 1565 the street entered the oprichnaya part of Moscow. A significant part of the local population was resettled to other parts of the city, as a result of which the number of Chertolsky Black Hundreds decreased significantly and it turned into a quarter of a hundred. From this time, here began to settle as the highest court ranks, and other service people. On the right side of the street was arranged the royal Kolymazhny Dvor, and at the beginning of the street the courtyard (later – the aspiring) archers were settled. In 1571, after the ruin of Moscow by the Crimean Tatars, in Chertolya from suburban Ostozhye the women’s Alekseevsky monastery was moved, near which a monastic settlement was built. With the construction of the fortifications of the White City at the end of the 16th century, the street that began from the Kremlin Borovitsky Bridge was completed near the fortress gates, which also became known as the Chertolskys.
Description of the fire in 1629 gives a fairly accurate idea of the topography of Chertolskaya Street and its environs. At the beginning of the street, on both sides, there were streletskiye yards, through which the street “went from the Kremlin to the left, from the Conception of Ivan the Baptist” to the Moskvoretsky water gate. Further along the left side there was a quarter inhabited by raznochintsy, whose yards stood in a labyrinth of narrow alleys that were “to All Saints”. Next to this stone church stood the “Church of the Tree of Makarya Zheltovotskoy Chudotvorets; but according to the tale of the vsesvjatskogo priest Grigorya, that that temple was put in again in 127th year (1618/19) on a subscription petition, and before the Moscow ruin of that temple did not happen … »Further between the street and a fortress wall belonged the possession of Alekseevsky monastery, behind which in the nameless alleys that came out to the wooden church of Nicholas the Wonderworker and the Alekseevskaya Tower, there were courtyards of different ranks of people.
On the right side of Chertolskaya Street, beyond the streltsy yards, there were “sovereign stables”, in which the street, which reached a width of 9 fathoms, was partitioned off by a grate (“watchman”). At the Kalymazhny yard to the right there was a side street leading to the Church of Antipophes of the Wonderworker, and behind the courtyard – the other two alleys, which “went to Nikola Turygin” and “to the Pure to Rzhevskaya”. Between them stood the city courtyards. Near the Chertolsky gates themselves, which had trading benches, the street narrowed to 3 fathoms, but soon after the fire this part of the street was expanded to 5 fathoms .
In 1658, according to the decree of Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich Chertolsky streets and gates were renamed Prechistenskys – according to the icon of the Most Blessed Virgin of Smolensk, kept in the Novodevichy Convent. Over time, in colloquial speech, this name took the form of Prechistenka.
Near the intersection of the Volkhonka and Znamenka, at the entrance to the All-Svyatsky stone bridge built at the end of the 17th century, a “Lazy Torzhok” was formed – a small market where all kinds of snacks were unhurriedly traded.
During the 18th century the farmsteads of the various people in Chertolye were gradually replaced by aristocratic manors. Lebyazhy pond was lowered on the Neglinnaya River, and on the place of the courtyard that appeared before him appeared first the yard of Prince AD Menshikov, who went to Volkhonka, and from 1728 – the court of Tsarevna Catherine Ivanovna; in 1742 he moved to Prince AM Cherkassky. On the site of the Church of St. John the Forerunner, dismantled after the dilapidated in 1793, a small stone house with columns and a portico was built. In 1774-1775 the wooden palace of the Empress Catherine II was erected behind the Kolymazhny yard, next to the Golitsyn estate, the architect MF Kazakov, in which she lived for almost a year; but in 1776 the palace was dismantled, and its stone part was built on the stone first floor of the old palace on Vorobyovy Gory. In 1838, the construction of the Cathedral of Christ the Savior (now Volkhonka, No. 15-17) began on the site of the Fire Station and the Alekseevsky Monastery.